Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dawson has been cracking me up lately. The past couple of days, we have had some interesting conversations.

While getting ready for work the other day, Dawson came into the bathroom where I was flipped over scrunching my hair and we had the following conversation:

Dawson: Mom, you know what weenie skin looks like?

Me: Um, I believe so......

Dawson: Uh huh, then watch this.

(He scrunches up the skin on his stomach and starts laughing hysterically.)

Dawson: See, I can make weenie skin, or, old people skin on my belly.

I guess if college doesn't work out, he could have a career in impersonations.


Later that day, Dave was telling me a story about, a real jerk that he met. I forgot about Dawson's eagle ears, and referred to the guy in the story as a "douche bag." Instantly I regretted it.

Dawson: What's a douche bag?

Me: It is a terrible word that your Mother should not have said. (Dave is totally glaring at me.)

Dawson: Why, what's bad about douche bag?

Me: It's not really anything we even have to talk about. ( I was trying to cut the conversation short, due to the incessant repetition of the word douche, now being said by Dylan, and of course Emma had to get in on the action. Hooray for building vocabulary!)

Dawson: But which word can't I say? Like...... could I say, douche...... door?

Me: No, you can't say either.

I had to look away, I knew if I met Dave's eyes, we would have both started laughing. The kid cannot leave things alone. He has to question everything, and then question your answer, and then keep questioning until he is satisfied, or it's time for bed, or there is some natural disaster. Yikes!

Dawson is extremely competitive, and has to win at what ever he is doing. Unfortunately, so am I, but I always give him the whole, 'it doesn't matter if you win or lose spiel', right before I beat him . We were playing Wii golf the other day, best out of three, (since he won the first game), and he said, "You really screwed up your eyebrows on your Mii. They don't look anything like that. You should have picked the eyebrows that look like fish jumping out of the water. You know which ones I 'm talking about?" Then, he takes his fingers and pretends to shoot them in an arc, to show me. He is a details man.

No comments:

Post a Comment