Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dylie turns 5!

My Sweet Lil' Dyl turned 5 today! He requested crepes for breakfast, which happens to be one of my specialties, even if Dawson constantly reminds me that Grandma Carol's are waaaaayyyy better. I think that Dyl doesn't really even care for the actual crepe, but prefers the fruit and whipped cream. It is funny to watch their little mouths when I get the whipped cream can out of the fridge. They instantly start chirping, "Can we have a squirt in our mouths? Please, can we? Huh?" Then they line up like little birds with their heads tilted back and their mouths wide open, begging for a little dollop.

After breakfast, we headed south to Happy Valley to play with Hannah, and of course, like most prepared mothers, to pick up a birthday gift. We rescued Hannah from Beauty School, and while she distracted Dyl in one aisle of Toys R Us, Dawson, Emma, and I, stayed in the next aisle shopping. It worked like a charm. We got Dylan some sweet Hot Wheels Tracks with dinosaurs, and some Fly Wheels, and he was totally surprised when we let him open them tonight. After shopping Dylan chose Mexican for lunch, but I think he was just trying to do that for me. We ended up at Chili's and had a great time, especially when they brought him a special ice cream for his birthday.

We had to hurry home to make their t-ball games, and so I could primp before we went.(They have a smokin' hot coach.) Unfortunately, we got rained out, and they were a little bummed, until they realized it was just more time to play with Dyl's new toys. We went home and enjoyed a delicious traditional Daybell cake, white with raspberry filling and butter cream frosting, heavy on the frosting. We played the night out with Hot Wheels and dinosaurs and when I tucked Dyl in bed tonight, he said he had a great birthday. We are sure glad to have him.


Dylan, and his hottie T-Ball coach.

Iron Man Cake, even though I won't let him see the movie yet.



This is there best "bummed about being rained out" face.

No comments:

Post a Comment