Tuesday, January 8, 2008

1st Day Back To School

Today is the 4th day of my diet and also the 4th day without any diet coke. Shauna-the trainer, said I could have 8 oz. of diet coke a day, but what's the point? I went to her house this morning at 6:20 and it was frickin' freazing outside. She humilitated me for an hour then sent me on my way. The amount of fruits and vegetables that I am consuming has not been kind on my stomach, so in my own sort of way, I made her miserable as well. The kids were still in bed when I got home so I sat down on the couch and read the scriptures for awhile. In church on Sunday, the teacher read a quote about if you read your scriptures in your home and with your children, then they will be respectful, obedient, yada, yada. At this point, I am willing to try anything. They were excited to be going to school this morning and as I stepped out of the shower, I could hear Dawson talking to someone on the phone. This is what I heard- "Yeah, I get to go back to school today, and it's a good thing, cause I been like a little shit this week." I was mortified. I didn't have any idea who he was talking to, and then he handed the phone to Dylan and said "Nana wants to talk to you." I was a little relieved, at least it wasn't his teacher, or someone who thinks I have a clean mouth.
We picked up Harleigh, the little girl that carpools with us and she gave us the complete rundown on her Baby Alive, including the theme song to the commercial, on the way to school. When I picked them up they were both filled with stories. Dylan was concerned because his friend Blake didn't cover his mouth when he coughed, and my little germ-a-phobe Dawson, told Dylan, "next time tell Blake that he can't come to school if he doesn't have any manners." Dawson had a great time playing with Taylee, which was good, because Taylee can make or ruin our day with her mood swings. I wish he would find a little boy friend, but whatever. Anyway, it was good to have them back on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment