Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I am down 12 pounds!! I worked out this morning with Shauna, which I must say I enjoy immensely. I love exercises she does and I am feeling great. My Diet Coke addiction is a thing of the past. I am no longer even tempted, yeah! Anyway, I was especially motivated after having a 550 lb. patient yesterday.
This morning we made our usual berry pancakes for breakfast. Dawson ordered a giraffe, which ended up looking like a big blueberry circle, and Dylan asked me to make a T-Rex, which looked like a big blueberry circle. They were happy with the end result though, so whatever. Both boys begged me to do their hair today. Last week they had an absolute meltdown when we left for school without their hair being done and I told them they looked like orphans. They were in hysterics, because the only thing they knew of orphans, came from 'Annie' and they didn't want to look like girls. Dylan didn't want to go to school this morning and Dawson and I were trying to talk him into it. He said he hated coloring for so long. Dawson offered that he had to go to school if he wanted to be a mom or dad some day. I told him he had to go to school if he wanted to have a cool job someday, and then asked him what he wanted to be when he got older. He said he wants to be Darth Vader, and he will go to school and practice being a bad guy. Great.
I took Emma for her 1 year check-up and she is doing great. She weighed in at 24 pounds, which is only 5lbs. less than Dylan, and she is 32 inches long. Her height is way off the chart, so I made the Doctor, show me on the chart, that she won't be freakishly tall. She said if she continues to grow like she is, she will be 5'10". Anything less that 6' is good with me.
When I picked up the boys from school, I have to say, I was a little surprised to see Colby's dad in the pick-up line. (see previous entry) I still haven't heard back from that mofo cop's supervisor, but apparently the "extremely violent criminal" did his two days in the clink and is now ready to function in society. Whatever. I smiled at him, and gave a little wave.
Tonight I made a Thai Coconut Chicken and Rice dish for dinner that tasted like shit. It didn't look much better either. I think I put to much peanut butter in it, but regardless, I am chucking that recipe. Emma wouldn't even close her mouth around it. Dave put a bite in and she just gleeked it right back at him. It was pretty funny. We tried to trick her into it, by giving her a few bites of avocado and tomato and then sneaking one in of the goulash, but she wasn't fooled.

1 comment:

  1. Linsey,
    I love your blogs! They are so honest and funny. I hope you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete