Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!





I have high hopes for this new year. In addition to the usual weight loss, more workouts, la-di-da, my main focus this year will be to be a better mother. I read a great article in the Ensign December issue by President Hinkley about rearing children. I will probably need to read it everyday to stay on task, but I can do it. I have great kids, and they deserve a great mom. We had a fun New Years Eve. I had to work the 7-7 and it had snowed really hard the night before, so I had to get up at 5:15 to make it to work on time. The drive was miserable and I ended up being 10 minutes late, but it worked out alright. We were ridiculously busy, but the day went by fast and I didn't have to do any death packets so I am counting my blessings. I have had a few rough shifts with a couple of unexpected deaths and 3 codes in my last 2 shifts. A few of the other nurses have been teasing me and telling me I smell like death, but what goes around..... Anyway, I ran my butt off and wasn't looking forward to partying to much. The roads were good on my way home, and when I got there the party was jumping. The kids were running around, and climbing the walls like they were on a meth high. My sister-in-laws were letting it rip on the karaoke machine and the guys were watching football. I felt like I had hit the wall when I sat down to eat, but Dave did a little Eminem Karaoke and started me going. I followed his number with an edited version (for the kid's sake), of Gold Digger. Dawson and Dylan loved doing Karaoke and performed Dawson's favorite song, You Want to Make a Memory. It was so cute, he sang it very soulfully. Dylan sang, Fall in the Ocean, with Dawson as back up and they had a great time. We broke out Guitar Hero and had dueling guitars for the rest of the party. We gave up about 11:30 and everyone went home. I was so glad to fall into bed, and was nearly asleep when our neighbors came out with their pots and pans and started banging and yelling Happy New Year's. I was pissed, but it was midnight, so whatever. At 12:25 they were still banging and screaming and I was swearing up a storm and hitting my pillow. I wanted to go over there and do terrible things with their pots and pans, but Dave kept hold of me until they finally stopped.
Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment: