Saturday, January 5, 2008

Ouch.





Just after Emma was born, I hired a personal trainer to get back into shape. However, when I had to return to work after 3 months, my diet and workouts went to crap. I called Shauna, the personal trainer, yesterday and groveled to her to take me back again. We are going to Mexico in May, and I need to be in thong bikini and stiletto shape by then. This morning I decided to start my workouts and went to the Endurance class. Jeff is living with us until he gets hitched in April and he went with me since he is working on his SMN diet-(See Me Naked). He was telling me that when he was home he was telling my dad about his SMN diet and my dad said he was also working on his SMNFS diet-(See Me Naked From Space). Anyway he ventured with me and it was the funniest hour of torture I have ever been through. There were about 30 women in the class and Jeff was the lone male. We staked out the back row, and it was a good thing. Jeff moaned and groaned the whole time. He was the only one that made any noise. At one point we were doing these pelvic thrust thingys, where we were laying on our backs and had weights on our hips and lifting, Jeff made a horrible noise and the instructor said "Did somebody just meow back there?" It was pretty funny, but Jeff and I were the only ones laughing. Next time we are going to take my fart machine and really ruffle some feathers.

Tonight we took the boys to a freestyle motocross event. We went to our favorite Vietnamese place first and Dave was trying to get the boys to eat the cucumbers and carrots that came as garnishes with the egg rolls, instead of the egg rolls. They weren't fooled. They enjoyed the egg rolls and each polished off a bowl of Pho. The motorcycles were pretty cool for the first hour, just when I thought they were done, and should be done, they announced a 15 minute intermission. Then another hour and a half of the same 4 tricks they did in the first hour and a half. Motocross riders are pretty sexy with all their gear on, but tonight taught me that they aren't necessarily hot without the helmet. One by one they interviewed the eight different riders and when they took their helmets off the average age appeared to be 45, and can I just say-WOOF! They seriously looked like a bunch of old guys that should be chained to their computers playing Dungeons and Dragons. Dawson's favorite rider lifted his jersey up to reveal an enormous gut that he squeezed into a bagel shape around his belly button, and jiggled it to the crowd. Dawson couldn't believe the guy had "boobos". Anyway the boys had a great time and kept thanking us for taking them. It was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment