Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This morning Dylan, Emma, and I went down to my Grandma Beth's house to see my cousin Laura and her 2 kids. They live in Portland and we never get to see them. She has a son, Coen, who is right in the middle of the boys and Dylan was excited to play with him. It was funny to watch and we commented about how kids don't really need introductions or niceties. Dylan walked in, they sized each other up, and then Dylan handed over one of his motorcyles, and they both dropped to the floor to play. It was really nice to see them.
Tonight we went down to Scott and Vicky's, to help give their baby Ryker, a blessing. He is having heart surgery tomorrow and Vicky was a wreck. I can't even imagine having a sick child. Ryker was funny tonight, he was excited to be the center of attention. To watch him play, you would never know that he has a problem. I hope things will go well for them. On the way home from Salt Lake, the boys were watching Curious George. Dawson said to me, "Mom, that man got mad at Curious George and sent him away." I told him not to worry, that I was pretty sure that he got him back. Dawson started this funny little laugh and he said "Yeah, that kinda made tears come out of my eyes." I looked in the back and sure enough, his little eyes were glistening.

No comments:

Post a Comment