Saturday, January 19, 2008

Dawson's First Hunting Trip

This morning Dave was getting ready to go on his annual pheasant hunting trip with the guys, and he asked me if Dawson could go with him. I was kind of torn because, I first and foremost hate hunting, but also it has been really cold, and really I just hate hunting. We decided to let Dawson go, and he had a blast. He thought it was so cool to be with the big boys, and to spend the day alone with his dad. He loves to do things without Dylan, since they are grouped together so often. When he got home tonight, he was talking a million miles an hour. He picked all the shot gun shells up off the ground and took them into the lodge. He was excited because they gave him a candy for all his hard work. The highlight of the day was his lunch. He kept telling everyone how he had "the best hamburger of his life." He went into great detail about the hamburger and the tomato and lettuce and all the fixings that came with it. I asked Dave about the burger and he said it was a regular ole' burger, but Dawson was on cloud nine. I was pleased because Dawson never uttered one word about hunting or shooting or pheasants. Hopefully Dave gave him the rules- I never hear, smell, think, see anything about hunting. I was really glad that he was able to spend the time with his dad and have such a great time.
During the day, Dylan had a birthday party that he was excited to go to. We went to a friend's house until late last night and Dylan was exhausted this morning. I dropped him off at the party and went home to take a nap with Emma. It was lovely. The party was for one of Dylan's preschool friends' and I didn't know his parents so the drop-off was a little awkward. When I went to pick Dylan up he was having a great time and didn't want to come home. It got really awkward when he started bawling, and I was trying to reason with him. He was so tired that I couldn't even talk to him and I ended up just picking him up and carrying him out of the party. We had to go to Heber and he perked up when I let him pick out Emma's birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment