Sunday, January 27, 2008

Say a little prayer.

At church we take up one whole pew- ( the very back pew) because we always sit with Dave's sister, and her family. The boys usually migrate to sit with their cousins, which is nice because we make less of a scene when they are entertained. Today Dawson needed to go to the bathroom during Sacrament meeting, so I told him he could go by himself. Usually that is not the case, because I feel like you can't trust anyone, anymore, but today I let him. About 20 minutes later Dave sits straight up and asks if Dawson has come back yet. We looked up and down the pew and he had not come back. I instantly got sick to my stomach and a whole bunch of horrible scenarios went through my head. Kent, my brother-in-law was sitting on the end of the bench and said he would go get him. About 10 minutes later they came back and Dawson was skipping along smiling. When he got close enough, I said "where were you", his bottom lip started to tremble and he started crying. I put him on my lap and hugged him and he said, " I was waiting for someone to come and wipe me." Dave pulled him over to sit with him, and Dawson told him that he didn't realize that he needed to poop, and while he was sitting on the toilet someone else left the bathroom and turned the lights out. He said he got scared and was yelling, "turn the lights on!" He said that he said a prayer and told Heavenly Father to tell his dad to come and get him. Eventually the lights came back on and he was happy, and very glad when Uncle Kent came to get him.

No comments:

Post a Comment