Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Backwoods Fuzz

I have never been a huge fan of the "fuzz", "heat," "po-po," you know, the police. It probably has to do with having so much contact with them during my youth, and it has just carried over to my adulthood. Anyway, today as I pulled into the cul-de-sac to pick up Dawson from preschool, there were 2 coppers staked out at the preschool. I started to panic a little, thinking something had happened at school, but I just drove between them and got in the line to pick up. I was kind of keeping an eye on them through my rear view window, when I saw another car pull in behind me, and the cops jump out of their trucks with guns pulled. I pushed my rear window washer so I could see what the hell was going on, and the cops pulled a guy out of the car and slammed him onto the hood and handcuffed him. The guy was Colby's dad, one of Dawson's little friends, and they threw him in their truck. Meanwhile, the woman driving the car got out and headed into the preschool. The cops never saw her get out of her car, and I was about ready to pounce, but then she came back out of the school, followed by the kids walking out to their cars. Dawson jumped into the car totally unfazed, just rambling on about the trucks he and Colby were playing with. I was pissed off. What the hell were they thinking, coming to a preschool, at pick up time, with only one way in and one way out, and arresting someone. I was really stewing, so when I got home, I called the main sty to make a complaint. When the officer called me back, it wasn't for 3 hours, so I had plenty of time to get really worked up. I really let him have it, and then he had the nerve to say that, the man was an extremely violent criminal, and they do what they have to, to get them off the street. The conversation did not go well and the cop was a total jackass, so I got his supervisor's name and phone number and I will call him tomorrow. I am so freaking mad that they would endanger all the kids. They had been sitting there for awhile, so they could have easily gone out and waited for him on the main road, or followed him home, or any number of things. My heart hurts for Colby. He really doesn't even have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment