Friday, January 11, 2008

Dylan

Dylan is definitely a stubborn kid. He really needs his nap, but doesn't want to take one anymore, because Dawson is growing out of them. If he doesn't get enough sleep he is up all night, and there is no reasoning with him in the night. Yesterday we went to Costco during nap time and he was very happy. He doesn't like shopping, but he hates naps. After we had gotten our haul, we got into a pretty short line. I noticed an elderly couple behind us, with just a 24 pack of Diet Coke, so I told them they could go ahead of me. The boys didn't see me talking with them, but when they maneuvered their cart in front of ours, all hell broke loose. "Mom! The are trying to cut in front of us." I know they were not innately born with a sense of injustice, so I probably ought to be better about not honking and cutting people off, ect.. Anyway I calmed them down and then the elderly man thanked the boys for letting them in front. I told him that it was fine if they went ahead of us, but they had to choose at least one kid to take with them. They laughed and asked Dawson if he wanted to go home with them. He said no right away, and kind of backed into my legs. Then Dylan says " how far away do you live?" and the old man told him that they lived very close. Dylan thought a few minutes and then nodded his head and said, "alright, I'll go with them." I have to say, I was a little tempted. I was really wishing I would have sent him about 3:00 this morning. Without his nap, he was overtired and about 3AM, Dave and I hear screaming from the boys room. This is how it went down.
Dylan screaming
Dawson- "Dyyyllllaannn, be quiet."
Dylan- "AGNOOOOORE ME" and then more grunts and yells
Dawson- "Dyyllllaaaannnnnnn wah, wah"
Dylan-" AGNOOOORE ME......
This went on about 10 minutes and then they went back to sleep. We are having naps tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment