Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snow Day






I am so freaking sick of the snow and cold weather. I usually don't mind snow, but this year has been miserable because rarely does it get into the double digits, and even if it does, the wind blows so hard you can't be outside. There are only so many things I can come up with to wear out the boys inside. Today, we had all had it, and when the temperature reached a balmy 16 degrees, we decided to go outside. The snow drifts are huge, especially where the plows have pushed them up and the boys were so excited to climb on them. The one in front of our house has several areas where you can sled down, but for some unknown reason, the boys always choose the steepest side. Dawson kept going off the side that has a gradual slope and then about a 5 foot drop. He said " it sure hurts my tummy when I land, but I love flying through the air." They tried body surfing down the hills and loved it. I loaded all three kids into the sled and dragged them around the neighborhood for awhile. It was a good workout. We were only able to stay outside for about an hour, but we all felt better anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment