Monday, January 14, 2008

Definently My Genes

I worked all day Saturday and Sunday, and when I talked to the boys on Sunday night, I told Dyl that I would bring him a treat home from work. When I got home last night I went into their bedroom to tuck them in and they gave me the update on their day. Both boys give me every detail of what they do on the days that I work, including every morsel that is consumed and specifics on time-outs-(why,where, how long, ect..) So last night Dylan was excited about his treat. He definitely is more like me when it comes to sugar. He has no self control and eats it as soon as he has it. Dawson is far more like Dave in that regard. He doesn't really have a sweet tooth, and he hoards his candy for months. He would rather count it than eat it. So last night, I broke out the candy bar while they were updating me on the day, and gave each boy a tiny little piece of the chocolate. They were giggling because Dave had told them they had to wait until the morning to have any-( I didn't know this at the time.) I told them they could share the rest in the morning and put the candy bar in the night stand. This morning I was showering from my sweat fest with Shauna, when the shower door was thrown open, and Dawson was standing there bawling. I asked him what was the matter, and he told me that Dylan had barricaded himself in their room and was eating all the chocolate. I told him to go tell Dylan to share the candy with him, and he ran off. 5 minutes later the shower door goes flying open again. This time Dawson is chewing his chocolate and bawling. "Dylan won't open the door, he just pushed a tiny bit under the door for me." I am having a hard time keeping a straight face, but I tell him to tell Dylan I want to talk to him. Just then Dylan comes into the room with chocolate all over his face, and a huge, smug, grin. Dawson was appeased when I told him he could control the chocolate next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment